Independent Medical Examination Coordinator
Footbridge is a high performing, multi-disciplinary orthopaedic clinic – home to several specialist physicians, physiotherapists, imaging and orthotics/bracing specialists. Our mission is to provide a compassionate and efficient patient-experience starting from the initial consultation through to follow-up and related care. In addition to our core business of providing consultation and treatment for patients with orthopaedic and musculoskeletal concerns, we provide Independent Medical Examination (IME) services.
Footbridge is seeking an outgoing, enthusiastic, proactive and professional Independent Medical Examination Coordinator who will represent Footbridge externally to law firms in the Lower Mainland, and coordinate and organize all processes for Footbridge physicians. IME Coordinator will communicate directly with clients, regarding appointment scheduling, physician CV’s/credentialing along with appointment changes, and fee schedule approvals. Will consistently communicate with our physician panel and clients in regards to file updates, Shows/No-Shows/Cancellations, etc. Ensure client instructions and specifications have been followed and requested questions were addressed in determinations and recommendations. Review upcoming scheduled IMEs and ensure the physicians have all materials needed for the exam(s) and provide additional documentation to the physicians as needed.
The IME Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Managing Director and indirectly reports to the physician(s) he/she provides with support. As a member of the Footbridge team, the IME Coordinator will work with external law firms, Footbridge physicians and Footbridge administrative staff to ensure seamless coordination of independent medical examinations. This position requires a confident, self-motivated, solution-focused individual who embraces change and is excited about contributing to the success of a larger team. The IME coordinator is required to provide exceptional client and patient care in a professional, efficient manner, and simultaneously work effectively with the rest of the Footbridge team. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
- Work with Managing Director to develop marketing plan for IME services at Footbridge.
- Deliver exemplary service which EXCEEDS client and patient expectations.
- Seek opportunities to develop the IME business and increase IME referral volumes from new and existing organizations for all physicians at Footbridge through developing relationships with appropriate law firms in Vancouver.
- Develop appropriate status reports for physicians and management.
- Interface with new and current Footbridge law firm clients and IME patients on the telephone – responding in an expedient manner.
- Work directly with physicians to coordinate IME appointments, invoicing and editing.
- Receiving IME referrals from Client / Employer Representatives
- Sending quotes for IME referrals to Client / Employer Representative
- Managing timelines for receipt and delivery of IME reports
- Scheduling dates for Examinations for Discovery, Mediations and Trial
- Drafting Lists of Documents
- Promote Footbridge to law firms as the solution provider for IMEs – provide information, answer questions relating to our services, book appointments.
- Facilitate the overall management of IMEs by working with the physicians, administrative staff and law firms recognizing the importance of relationships and teamwork.
- Collaborator: work with other members of the care team (ie: orthopaedic technician, radiology technician, nurse) to facilitate expedient patient care.
- Other: other duties may be assigned as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience working in a fast-paced, evolving team environment.
- Demonstrate ability to rapidly produce quality products under tight and strict deadline.
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to manage changes, delays, or unexpected events appropriately
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize work activities, multitask, and use time efficiently.
- Positive interpersonal communication skills, both internally within the Footbridge Medical team and externally with Clients are essential
- Understanding of Medical Terminology and sufficient work experience in the IME industry.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with external stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of various software programs. Advanced-level competency in Microsoft Office (proficient with Outlook, Excel Spreadsheets and PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum education: High School Diploma.
- Proficient in English.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience working with Input Health electronic medical record system,
- Post-Secondary education: college or university degree in Marketing or Paralegal training,
- Knowledge of medical terminology,
- Past experience coordinating IMEs,
- Demonstrated experience developing marketing plans and account prospects,
- Experience working in another fast-paced, multi-disciplinary medical environment,
- Experience working in a law firm,
- Past sales experience, preferably within the health industry.
This is a full-time position and requires an individual who can work flexible hours if necessary.
If you think you qualify and will thrive in a busy and fast-growing company, please forward your cover letter and resume.