Patient Care Coordinator
Footbridge Centre for Integrated Orthopaedic Care is a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, high volume orthopaedic and sports medicine clinic – home to several surgeons, specialist physicians, physiotherapists, imaging and orthotics/bracing specialists. Our mission is to provide a compassionate and efficient patient-experience starting from the initial consultation through to follow-up and related care. We are looking for a friendly, empathetic, thoughtful candidate who has enthusiasm for managing and helping people. Along with high energy and a strong commitment to exceeding patient expectations to join the Footbridge team.
Visit: www.footbridgeclinic.com for more information.
The Patient Care Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Managing Director and indirectly reports to the physician(s) they support. As a member of the Footbridge team, the Patient Care Coordinator will work in cooperation with other clinic staff to ensure safe and effective patient care, in compliance with Footbridge standards and protocols. This position requires a confident, self-motivated, solution-focused individual who embraces working in a fast-paced, multi- tasking environment. The Patient Care Coordinator is excited about contributing to improving the healthcare system within British Columbia. Patient Care Coordinators are required to provide exceptional patient care in a calm, efficient manner, and simultaneously work effectively with the rest of the Footbridge team. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time.
- Deliver exemplary patient-centred care to all Footbridge patients.
- Phone Counselor: interface with new and current Footbridge patients on the phone.
- Educator: provide information, answer questions relating to appointments, surgery and other administrative requirements. Facilitate patient flow by directing patients to correct locations, arranging patient transport.
- Appointment Manager: scheduling and coordinating patient appointments for in person clinics, virtual telehealth clinics, pre- and post-surgery, sports medicine, urgent/acute care or chronic MSK.
- Message Triage: route and respond to incoming/outgoing messages via email, fax, phone.
- Administrative Facilitator: image requisitions, prescriptions and other patient needs as directed by the physician. Update and maintain patient records and ensure test results are available for physician review
- Billing Support: Do MSP billing and any private billing for the physicians. Process insurance forms and claims.
- EMR Expert: provide feedback to the Managing Director that will assist in development of better procedures and protocols for Footbridge with the goal of enhancing patient care and efficiency.
- Collaborator: work with other members of the care team (ie: orthopaedic technician, radiology technician, nurse) to facilitate expedient patient care.
- Other: other duties may be assigned as required.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven experience working in a high volume, fast-paced, evolving team environment.
- Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of various software programs.
- Ability to problem-solve, positively adapt to changing working conditions and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum education: High School Diploma.
- Proficient in English.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Experience working with Input Health electronic medical record system,
- Knowledge of medical terminology,
- Experience working in another fast-paced, multi-disciplinary medical environment,
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Office Assistant program.
This is a full-time position and requires an individual who can work flexible hours if necessary.
We want smart, eager and excited team members to join us.
We will challenge you to learn with us and continually improve your skills, and in return we ask that you let us know what you need, so we can support your path. We will invest in you because we care.
Benefits available after successful completion of a three-month probationary period.
All patients and team members are required to wear provided medical grade masks and hand washing/sanitizing along with physical distancing is established.